Friday, February 25, 2011

The Steal

Since we expanded the floor of the upper living room (creating an AWESOME storeage cubby in the lower bonus room) I have been trying to restyle the living room furniture. With some successful tips from a friend we simply flip flopped couches from each room and got rid of an unsightly overstuffed chair. Now I was on the lookout for chairs to fill my new found space (see previous post).

This second chair I found on Craigslist for $35. I emailed the poster, asked if they would take $25 and within an hour I had claimed it! Thanks to my wonderful mother in law the chair was in my possession within 24 hours. Not bad considering I found it on the Craigslist site two counties away. You never know what you are going to truly end up with when you buy off the classified ads online, but in this case the upholstry was just as described; in great condition.

DSC01857 by shawnag, on Pix-O-Sphere

So all I had to do was sand off some of the gloss and spray on a coat or two of paint. I learned a lesson with this one. I prefer one brand of "flat" spray paint over another. But seeing as to how I don't want to take the chair apart again right, and having three children in the house who climb in and out of chairs with their feet, I know that it won't be long before it needs a touch up paint job. At which point I will make my correction.

02-20 by shawnag, on Pix-O-Sphere

No comments:

Post a Comment