Sunday, May 15, 2011
It definitely needed some TLC. It looked as if it had been kept in the craft room or garage, and kept a puppy company at some point as well. yikes. I took it as apart as I could and started scraping, stripping, sanding, filling. For a beginner I was pretty proud of the process.
The dog chewed sections were by far the hardest. I took some wood filler paste and just tried to fill and fill and shape until most of the splintery bits were smoothed.
Once the surface was prepared I painted the under skirting and the legs black and stained the top "Golden Oak" I then sealed it with minwax semi-gloss polyurathane and moved it inside. I think this little beauty is going to be happy with it's makeover and new home!